D Exercise 02
Last updated: 2020-09-28 17:50:13
D.1 Question 1
- Run the following four expressions to load two vectors named
co2vector contains \(CO_2\) measurements in the atmosphere, in ppm units, during the period 1959-1997. The
yearvector contains the corresponding years.
- Calculate a vector of \(CO_2\) differences between consecutive years, that is:
- \(CO_2\) in 1960 minus \(CO_2\) in 1959
- \(CO_2\) in 1961 minus \(CO_2\) in 1960
- and so on…
- Create a plot (Figure D.1) with lines and points showing the consecutive \(CO_2\) differences as function of time (1960, 1961, etc.)
- The difference in \(CO_2\) concentration between 2020 and 2019 was equal to 2.64. Add a point in red representing that difference to your plot (use a different point shape, such as
D.2 Question 2
- Read the
rainfall.csvfile into a
- Find and print the station names where all nine months are with <10 mm of rainfall
##  "Yotveta" "Eilat"
- Note: you can define the vector
mwith month names in your code to subset the columns with monthly rainfall amounts, as shown in Section 4.4.3.